The real estate regulatory bodies

August, 2018 by ZeroAgents 

With the property market in the UAE constantly evolving, different government bodies have been established in order to handle property-related matters, with each branch having its own area of expertise.

Abu Dhabi
For the capital, any/all government service-related concerns, including real estate, are addressed through the Abu Dhabi Municipality Department of Municipal Affairs (ADM).

The Ajman Real Estate Regulatory Landlord (ARRA) offers similar services than RERA for property in Ajman such as title deed transfers, initial registrations, project registrations and mortgage application

The Dubai Real Estate Regulatory Landlord (RERA) is responsible for helping formulate the real estate sector's strategies, regulating activities of management companies, real estate brokers and owners associations. RERA also issues rules and regulations regarding activities of brokers, registering lease contracts, certification and licences. is itself a division of the Dubai Land Department (DLD) which was established in 1960 to safeguard the property rights of the city during the building of the UAE. The Land Department now provides a range of real estate services including overseeing sales transactions, regulations and registration of transactions.

There remain, to date, no regulator in the emirate of Fujairah.

Ras Al Khaimah
Ras Al Khaimah’s Lands Department & Properties specializes in documenting and recording property transactions. They also offer e-services such as grant applications, land measurement services, the issuance/renewal of delegate cards, etc.SharjahSharjah's Real Estate Registration Department (RERD) deals with the emirate's real estate sector by documenting, auditing and storing real estate information. RERD also specializes in preparing proposals, reports, studies and legal research which it supplies to third parties such as banks, companies and

Umm Al Quwain
There remain, to date, no regulator in the emirate of Umm Al Quwain.

“When in doubt, call the regulator.”